Come riconoscere un Origin originale, e scusate il bisticcio di parole..

« Older   Newer »
Amy Lynn Lee
view post Posted on 4/1/2009, 17:55

Ho notato che alcune persone su questo forum sono interessate a capire come riconoscere un vero Origin del 2000 dagli innumerevoli falsi che ormai spopolano su Ebay e Amazon.

Premetto che neanche queste condizioni sono la garanzia al 100% che si tratti di un vero Origin, probabilmente neanche Amy o Ben sarebbero in grado di assicurarlo XD

Comunque nel tempo ho eseguito diverse ricerche e posto qui i risultati che ho ottenuto:

-

1. My CD has 11 tracks, and has the "hidden" track before track # 1. Tracks are as follows:

1. "Origin"
2. "Whisper"
3. "Imaginary"
4. "My Immortal"
5. "Where Will You Go"
6. "Field of Innocence"
7. "Even in Death"
8. "Anywhere"
9. "Lies"
10. "Away from Me"
11. "Eternal"

2. The inner ring of the CD itself is black, and the CD has "EVANESCENCE" and "origin" inscribed into its surface in loopy reflective letters. Also, the bottom of the center ring of the CD has reflective letters and numbers that read "CRT BWE0002 N1222M".

3. It has a 3 page fold out (6 pages if you count both the front and back of each page) with the lyrics, etc.

4. It has the Bigwig Enterprises logo in the bottom left hand corner of the back of the CD case artwork.

-

Origin was the first full length demo CD released by rock band Evanescence on the Bigwig Enterprises label. Although some people consider this to be Evanescence's first album, the lead singer Amy Lee has explicitly said that she doesn't consider it to be an album but rather a "dressed up" demo CD. Released in 2000, Origin was only sold to audiences in their hometown of Little Rock, Arkansas. Only 2500 albums were printed, but due to the band's recent popularity, the number of overpriced and pirated versions of Origin has sky-rocketed. Evanescence has been reported to say that they prefer their fans to copy/download the CD rather than buy it.[1]

Due to the limited amount of official copies, enterprising bootleggers have been selling fake copies of the album at inflated prices over many Internet shops, often with completely different tracks and cover art, and under the guise of a "Russian re-release." These CDs are not endorsed by the band.

Evanescence rerecorded three songs from this CD for their début album Fallen. While "Whisper" and "My Immortal" are fundamentally the same on both disks, "Imaginary" exhibited a major change in structure between Origin and Fallen. In addition to these three songs, the band continued to play "Even in Death" in concert until late 2003.

Track listing
"Anywhere" (Hidden Outtake Clip) - 0:25 (This is known as Track 0)
"Origin" – 0:38
"Whisper" – 3:56
"Imaginary" – 3:31
"My Immortal" – 4:26
"Where Will You Go" – 3:47
"Field of Innocence" – 5:13
"Even in Death" – 4:09
"Anywhere" – 6:03
"Lies" – 3:49
"Away from Me" – 3:30
"Eternal" – 7:22

Outtakes

Outtake Track Zero
Official versions of the CD have a hidden track prior to the start of the CD containing an outtake from the song Anywhere that can be accessed in some CD players through the use of the 'previous track' button at the beginning of the first track.

This track features an outtake of the song "Anywhere", with David Hodges doing vocal ad-libs into his high range when Ben Moody interrupts saying "You're not saving that," followed by Hodges replying "There's a lot of prejudice against the undead."

† DarKomoGothic †
view post Posted on 6/1/2009, 15:10

Grazie mille!!

Adesso la domanda è: alla luce di tutto ciò, qualcuno ha l'Origin originale? :D

Amy Lynn Lee
view post Posted on 6/1/2009, 16:12

Un mio amico del forum ufficiale si, si chiama Alessandro87 :)

L'ha preso da un venditore di Ebay ed è anche una lunga storia, volevo prenderlo io ma il venditore non rispondeva alle mie domande (ovvero se c'era la traccia 0 ecc ecc). Siccome sia Alessandro che il venditore sono di Torino, gli aveva chiesto di vederlo di persona e così l'ha acquistato.

Mi dispiace aver perso questa occasione favolosa, ma non ero sicura che fosse originale e il venditore non si faceva sentire! Sono felice che sia nelle mani di un collezionista comunque.

GothicHeart
view post Posted on 31/7/2011, 13:04

Io ce l'ho!! ^_^

† DarKomoGothic †
view post Posted on 3/9/2011, 23:33

Avere un Origin originale e poi farselo autografare da Amy alla prima occasione...sarebbe una cosa da fare, anche spendendo molto, ma vuoi mettere il fatto di avere in collezione un pezzo davvero preziosissimo...

Away from me
view post Posted on 4/9/2011, 00:17

Maledizione, quanto mi piacerebbe averlo originale ... :(

view post Posted on 8/9/2011, 12:47

Pinka

Group:

CITAZIONE († DarKomoGothic † @ 4/9/2011, 00:33) 
Avere un Origin originale e poi farselo autografare da Amy alla prima occasione...sarebbe una cosa da fare, anche spendendo molto, ma vuoi mettere il fatto di avere in collezione un pezzo davvero preziosissimo...

Esattamente. Pezzo preziosissimo e introvabile. :Q__

6 replies since 4/1/2009, 17:55   829 views